The successful carpenter will have excellent technical, finishing, interpersonal, job management skills and several years of progressive responsibility in the field of interior kitchen and bath renovations to manage kitchen and bath renovation projects from start to finish. The job requires these skills to ensure each project is completed on time, to company standards, and to the customer’s expectations. It is vital that all staff, suppliers and customers are treated with utmost respect and professionalism.
Legally eligible to work in Canada- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or authorized to work in Canada under the federal Immigration Act (valid work permit).
- Clear oral and written communication with management, staff, customers and suppliers
- Problem-solving of technical or interpersonal issues that may arise
- Take ownership of the project
- Pleasant interactions with the customers, no foul language allowed
- Able to handle stress when issues arise
- Able to teach other crew members new skills
- High attention to detail and perfection
- Respect self, customers, customer’s homes, staff and management
Job Management Skills
- Grace under pressure- deal with the day to day operations of each project
- Time management – ability to get the job done on time, manage weekly time schedule for the project crew
- Leadership- ability to lead, motivate and train staff
- Innovation- Constantly striving to find more efficient and effective ways to accomplish tasks
- Contract management- manage job according to the contract
- Change orders- initiate and track all change orders
- Punch lists- create, maintain and clear punch list items
- Warranty- Ensure all warranty items are cleared
About the job
- Type of position: Employee or Subcontractor
- Hours of work: Full time plus overtime, year-round
- Pay type : Hourly and piecework mix.
- Pay frequency: Weekly Direct Deposit for employees based / Subcontractor paid based on milestones
- Vacation: Vacation paid out each week for employees /N/A for Subcontractor
- Overtime: As needed to meet deadlines
- Wages if employee based: Amount based on experience
- Subcontractor fees negotiated according to an agreed pricing and delivery schedule
- Lifting: Moderate to heavy up to 60Kg
- Worksites: Residential
- Smoking: Due to allergies, this is a no smoking position
- Expected Start Date: 2021-09-15 or sooner
- Are you able to work throughout the Ottawa region? ( Orleans to Stittsville)
- 8 hour shift
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Carpentry: 3 years (required)
Drivers license (preferred)
Areas of responsibility
- Establish a good working relationship with other team members.
- Foster positive communications and relationships with Black Walnut Kitchen and Bath Incorporated’s personnel, subcontractors and clients.
- Keep up to date on industry trends and developments.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in meetings as requested.
Job Skills and Qualifications
- Legally eligible to work in Canada- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or authorized in writing to work in Canada under the federal Immigration act (work permit).
- Valid Class G driver’s licence
- Reliability and dedication
- One or more years of experience in construction
- Ability to travel throughout the Ottawa area in own vehicle
- Ability to work overtime as and when needed
- Excellent interpersonal skill
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Construction: 1 year (Required)
- Skilled Labor: 1 year (Required)
- Residential renovation: 1 year (Required)